Worst Experience

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: December 01, 2014
Ship: Carnival Dream
I have cruised several times; however\, I havent been on Carnival Cruise Line in many years. Due to the decent price and intriguing port stops\, my boyfriend and I decided to book the NYE cruise out of NOLA going to Honduras\, Belize and Cozumel. My experience was far from good and will hinder us from ever cruising on Carnival line again. From the customer service to the terrible food\, I have many words to express my dissatisfaction with this line.

Originally\, when booking\, I was looking online for the best deal I could find. I realized that everything was the same price; therefore\, I decided to call Carnival myself to see the pros and cons with booking through them as opposed to booking through an agency (\, etc). I spoke to several different people\, several different times and no one could say anything about pros OR cons with doing this. Since I am a frequent user\, I decided to book through them since I knew their site well\, and they have a mobile app (which Carnival does not- or at least I didnt find one). After booking\, I called a couple weeks later to check prices on upgrading. I obviously called Carnival- my third bad customer experience with them should have red flagged me to cancel the trip. They told me they knew nothing about my reservation because I booked through a third party- NO ONE told me this\, or I would have booked directly through Carnival. My frustration started there. Every time I had a question about the cruise\, I had to call directly\, who in turn\, had to call over to Carnival. Completely annoying!

When we arrived\, the check in process was surprisingly easy and quick- I was very impressed\, until we started cruising. Cruise lines have the reputation of nickel and diming\, which I expected\, but they also have the reputation of great food at all hours. This is absolutely not the case (the food part). The hours of lunch and dinner were awful. If you didnt want to eat in the main dining area\, with your grouped

Terrible food- bad hours

Pros: housekeeping and room service

Cons: customer service\, food

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.