Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wonderful experience

Sail Date: August 01, 2013

The Carnival Dream is an absolutely beautiful ship. It is so large and so much to do\, this is the only ship we've been on where we never had trouble finding a lounge chair on the deck\, and we weren't searching at 7 AM!
By far the best part of our cruise was the dining. Our Dining Room Team was hands-down the best. They knew our names after just one day and were constantly attentive. Best of all\, they were so friendly!
I had not heard of Mohagany Bay before in Roatan\, Honduras\, but this port is BEAUTIFUL! And not only beautiful\, so much to do. We zip lined (must do!) and then shopped. There is a wonderful beach area with so much going on: dolphin swim; paddle boats; beach; restaurants; etc.
I highly recommend this itinerary and this ship.

Pros: Our waiters and Roatan

Cons: some employees seemed less helpful than we've experienced in the past

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!

Hands down the most gorgeous ship I've been on.
In general\, I think the value you get with the dining experience on a cruise cannot be beat\, but I must admit\, I think that across all ships the quality of that experience has been decreasing over time\, and there is no exception on the Dream. Again\, still a wonderful experience\, but the decreasing quality is being noticed.
The room was very clean\, the ship is new\, but talk about small! But hey\, it worked and I would rather have more outside my stateroom so the trade off is worth it to me. (and I paid for the cheapest room type\, so no complaints)
Aside from the dining staff\, we noticed that the staff of Dream seemed a bit less helpful than what we've experienced on other cruises.
The programs were as you'd expect\, so very good\, but nothing that sets it apart from other cruise lines.
The one thing I wish they would change about the children's programs is an ability to keep siblings/cousins/friends together even if they aren't in the same age category. I'm sure this would cause other issues\, so I do understand the inflexibility with the program. Its nice that they provide the programs.