Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Cruise with a difference

Sail Date: June 01, 2013

The ship is fairly new\, however the room air conditioning is not self controlled therefore it was quite warm in the room. The dining room meals were the same I had had on a previous cruise so nothing new there. A lot of the staff were rude which took me by surprise. The cruise deck parties which were late at night were totally directed at children which made me feel I was on Disney and not Carnival. Cozumel was a rip off\, very expenive. Belize was a nothing stop as was Costa Maya. Mahogany Bay in Honduras was beautiful I would recommend going there.

Pros: Mahogany Bay - Honduras

Cons: Poor Air Conditioning onboard\, it felt like a Disney Cruise\, some really rude staff

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.

The ship itself is huge and caters for everyone. Its very clean and the decor is good as its only a fairly new ship
DON'T DO ANYTIME DINING. You have to line up to get a buzzer then wait anywhere between 30 to 50 mins to get a table. The food was the same as previous cruises so nothing new there\, at least we knew what we were getting
Air Conditioning was very warm\, too hot to sleep most nights. We ended up proping open our balcony door to get in some cooler air (and that was 75 degrees outside)
Some where excellent and some were very poor. 3 people went above and beyond to make our trip enjoyable and that was 3 waiters.
The Kids deck parties at night really did ruin our usual Carnival spirit. We expected a adult deck party with music and dancing instead the cruise director got up on a box and show everyone how to do different dances.