Relaxing Cruise

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 08, 2015

I had never cruised with Carnival before, and was pleasantly surprised by many things. The room was fairly spacious, especially the bathroom, compared to other cruise ship rooms I had been on. Overall the ship was very well maintained and clean. The service was in every way excellent. The food was good, but I would not rate it as excellent overall. I liked the fact that we could bring one bottle of wine each onto the boat. The cruise director did a great job and the shows were very good. My one complaint would be the port. I would definitely consider cruising with Carnival again, but I will never cruise out of New Orleans again if I can help it. The New Orleans people in general lacked hospitality and the taxi service was ridiculously expensive at $80 a trip no matter where we went. It was Mardi Gras week and the people of the town were expecting to make a haul off of us. The post disembarkation was mass chaos with people coming and going at the same time. We waited for over 2 hours before we could finally get a taxi willing to take us to a hotel instead of the airport.