Just the right Vacation

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 24, 2014
Ship: Carnival Dream

It had been nearly 4 years since we had been on a real vacation.  Our last cruise experience had been less than positive but the all inclusive style that a cruise offers was what I was looking for.  No hassle.  We made friends right away and were very impressed with the ship and the staff.  I was way overdue for some down time and this cruise was exactly what I needed.  Although it was difficult for me I was able to limit my internet usage to only 4 hours for the whole week.  The cabin was quiet even though we were right above the Caliente night club.  We don't have small children and it seemed that the ship kept them busy and that was a plus for us to not hear them running up and down the hallway as on our previous experience.  Being able to enjoy a balcony cabin and the Serenity deck was perfect! It didn't feel like there were 4000 people aboard the ship at all.

The only thing I would have done differently was check other sites for excursion experiences.  1 was awful (Tabayana Beach Break) however we loved the ride back through the town as we asked to be brought back early due to the obnoxious venders on the beach, 1 was amazing (Gallows Point Snorkeling) and 1 was just okay (Amazing Cozemel Race) It was a great concept and we love the show but the competitiveness of some people was a bit over the top.   Overall we really look forward to enjoying another cruise on Carnival!

Very comfortable bed and pillows.