Carnival Dream to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 24, 2014
Ship: Carnival Dream

Room:  #1201, perfect for one person, no engine noise, super air conditioning, had two portholes.  I would use this room again for solo cruising

Food: plenty of it but the lines were always long for the Lido deck buffets.  I had Anytime Dining and had to wait several times.  They gave me a pager and the wait was usually 30 minutes or less.  The dining room food was average to good, but I couldn't say it was excellent.  I purchased the $35 Steakhouse dinner which was good and the ambiance was cozy.  However, I was surprised to see the same food that I paid extra for, offered in the regular dining area!

Ports of Call:   Be prepared for poverty in Roatan and Belize once you leave the pretty cruise ship/shopping area.  Cozumel is so incredibly overpriced.  I recommend buying sundries such as sunscreen elsewhere.  I paid $24 for sunscreen and it was on sale.

Excursions: I purchased excursions online, not with Carnival.

Staff:  friendliest and most fatigued staff Iv'e encountered on a cruise.  My room steward was super nice but I did find an old dirty white men's sock and a pack of New Orleans postcards under my bed when I was pulling out my luggage to pack to disembark.  Oh we'll.  it happens.

Room service: not much to choose from on the menu, but what I ordered was very good.  And fast delivery.

EntertInment: some was cheesy but the comedy show and the dNcers were pretty good.