Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

find better, safer ports!

Sail Date: April 27, 2014

The ship was large but that was all  that I saw. Large with average food in the main dining, special foods were jammed up, or never open! I got a meat lasagna; the meat in this pasta dish was left over 1 inch

thick slice of left over roast from the night before; could not even chew it. Mongolian wok was under-manned and a twenty plus m inute wait every time I tried. The breakfast was powdered eggs and greasy

bacon, sausage or dried out breads....lunch was a little better, dinner just the same entrees but only

in color.  The rooms were nice! The stewart Mr. Bagus did an excellant job.  Entertainmnet was good, the comedy excellant too! I am tired of hearing the cons of buying carneval crap. You over price everything! Next, you promote it as a great bargain, no tax or duty; Baloney; the quality of most is

below what is found in good stores stateside. Your ports, except Cozumel were scary and dangerous;
there was a robbery in Mahaogony bay, and a fight outside the gate, a mob type fight in Belize and Carneval, in their thinking skills takes us to these ports during a Labor Day Holiday and all the shops

are closed outside the gate.  Venture there at your own risk is what I was told by security.  bad choice of ports; Rotan, Honduras, and Belize too!  YOU OWE it to your customers.......

Nothing spectacular, the decor was good and some opulence but nothing too outstanding. Reminded me of Las Vegas; the gold and speckles were nice.
Main ding area was not up to what I would expect. Same food just displayed different and not that well made at all! The display of the food was good. The foods in the Crescent was what I would find in a average eating establishment. The service was excellant.
Room stewart Mr. Bagus was a great asset to the voyage. I gave a tip to him! You should not ask for gratuity; It is tacky and cheapens your image in my eyes. That is not the purpose of the cruise line; OH Wait; Yes it is too! Make as much as you can even if you don't deserve it!
Comedy was outstanding for adults! Jeff does a great job; another asset/ the shows were average to good.
Really not good at all! DANGEROUS PORTS/ PEOPLE PHYSICALLY FIGHTING AND ROBBERY OF A GUEST.
BAGUS DID GREAT
New Orleans, Louisiana
MAHOGANY BAY IS A LOSS/NEW AND CLEAN BUT PRICES OUT OF SIGHT! T-SHIRT IS $14.99 reduced from $24,99 really!
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
STAY ON THE SHIP
Belize City, Belize
STAY ON THE SHIP
ONLY HALF DECENT PORT

STAY OUT OF MAHOGANY BAY AND BELIZE DUE TO DANGER FROM THE LOCALS. COZUMEL IS OK