Nice Getaway

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: September 01, 2013
Ship: Carnival Dream
The ship was very nice and the staff wonderful. Overall our trip was very nice.

The food was okay. It was difficult to see the amount of wasted food. The portions could have been smaller since most order more food than could possibly be eaten due to the food being so assessable and the staff being so courteous. Knowing this fact, it would seem the portions given out should have been a bit more smaller in the formal dining room. Then again, I am sure my comments will fall among the few and not the vast. Most people want to get their money's worth, so the fact ALL that food is wasted does not even become a factor. The only other thing to mention regarding the food is that it was cold by the time it reached the table. This did not bother me, but my husband refused to eat it. Again, food was wasted.

Ship has something for all.

Staff was beyond courteous and helpful. Our stateroom steward, Alexander, was so nice and so helpful. He was there to help when we needed help or assistance and was not in the way when we wanted privacy. Great staff!

Very nice ship

The room was wonderful. It was more than enough room and was very nicely decorated. The location was not great for a light sleeper, however. We were located on the 6th floor above the casino. All during the night doors slammed (probably public restroom doors). So, sleeping was a big issue for me. My husband, on the other hand, was not bothered because he could sleep through anything.

Pros: Customer Service

Cons: Food, location, noise

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!