...a nice vacation

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

invalid-33599
Sail Date: August 18, 2012
Ship: Carnival Dream
I just got back from my 7 night western caribbean cruise on the carnival dream. Overall, I had a great vacation and would definitely sail on this boat again. As for the destinations, I was not wowed by any of the locations.

The boat is beautiful. The staff is fantastic. It is huge and there are so many people, it's very impressive how well everything functions with so many people on board. I will certainly be looking to cruise on this line of boats from Carnival (Dream, Magic, etc.) in the future. It will be hard for me to settle for an older boat after being spoiled on the Dream.

I was less than impressed with the destinations and excursions offered by the destinations I went on (Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, Costa Maya). It was apparent that a nasty hurricane wiped out a lot of Costa Maya. I was not sure why we were taken to the "Blue" beach since the water was not pretty and full of seaweed.

Don't get me wrong, there were some pretty locations, and there was pretty water available... I just wasn't "wowed" by any destinations. I probably had the best time at Costa Maya on the beach. They had a nice resort where we were able to hang out at all day. Food was OK at most places, but I would definitely prefer the ship food over the local food (I think this was just our luck with choosing the wrong places).

In the end, I would say that that I would do this again, but I would do more research into the shore excursions and ports of call so that I can ensure I have the BEST experience at each port.

Food was really fantastic... I tried several new dishes that I have never eaten before, like sea conch and frog legs. Happy to say I liked both. Escargot, not so much!

The male singer for the main show is terrible. Dance crew is freaking awesome, I would pay to watch them again. I missed the highlight laser show (dang...), but the technology available to the shows is absolutely impressive. They have top notch equipment and utilize it.

No complaints here, they do a very good job.

Awesome...

Pretty standard for most cruise ships, nothing special here. I was also in an inside stateroom. I don't spend much time in there, so it was fine. Sheets, pillows, and bed were very nice!

Pros: The boat

Cons: Destinations/excursions

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!