Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fun but not relaxing

Sail Date: July 01, 2012

Overall, it was not relaxing and the ship had too many people onboard to easily accommodate them all. Unless you enjoy waiting in long lines at the buffets for EVERY meal or like to wait an hour before being seated in the dining rooms for meals, then you will not enjoy this ship. Also, plan on waking up at 8am to save a lounge chair because after that, all of them have been saved. When going on a sunny vacation, I planned on lying by or in the pools. Not on this ship - they had two TINY swimming pools to accommodate nearly 3500+ people and plan on being kicked in the back by children when you're \"relaxing\" in the water. Also because of the size of the ship, you will walk yourself to death just for a glass of water from the dining hall. Everything is very spread out and is not designed for those who may not walk very well. The ship seemed very unorganized, especially the buffet lines. If you simply wanted a bagel, you had to stand in the entire breakfast line instead of having stations approachable from all sides. The nightlife on the boat was average or below. I went to a comedy show the first night and was disgusted by the amount of inappropriate things said, even though I was prepared for that. Therefore I did not return the rest of the week. The dancing shows were average but felt like once you'd watched one, you had seen them all. Nothing like what I've heard about from other cruise lines. The entertainment staff did a nice job at getting the crowd going at different events and seemed like they really enjoyed their jobs. Other than that, I would not recommend this ship to anyone.

Pros: Service and state room

Cons: waiting in LONG lines\, the amount of people and children\, unorganization

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.

The ship was clean and decorated nicely\, however it was extremely congested after events and was not designed to accommodate that many people. The accessibility was okay considering they had elevators but once again\, you have to wait about 15 minutes before catching an elevator that isn't jam packed with people. And that's if all of the elevators were actually working (which most of the time did not happen). The layout of the ship is very spread out and it took lots of stairs\, time\, and walking to get from one place to another.
The food was decent\, once you finally got it. At the formal dining rooms\, we waited nearly an hour each night to get a table and in the buffet lines\, we waited nearly 15 minutes before seeing food in some instances. At lunch time they had a wide variety of foods like a sushi bar\, stir-fry station\, deli\, and others but most times you weren't on the boat for lunch or not that hungry. I wish they would have had these options for dinner instead of only lunch.
I enjoyed my stateroom. The linens were nice and the service was great with the upkeep of the room throughout the week.
The staff was great. This was the best part of the vacation and they were very willing to help and always in pleasant moods. Every time I would leave my room and see a worker\, they would speak to me\, and sometimes even by name. They do a great job and you can tell that they work very hard.
The entertainment was average. As mentioned in the overall review\, the comedy show that I attended was extremely vulgar\, therefore I did not return to that. The dance shows were average and boring after the first 5 songs. The casino and piano bar were probably the parts I enjoyed most for entertainment.