Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First Cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2011

This was our first cruise ever and all I can say is that we will definitely do it again. We loved everything about it and the Carnival Dream was an excellent first time cruise experience.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ship Quality:
The ship was amazing! I LOVED how many jacuzzi baths there were on the ship and I also loved how half of them were cold and the other were hot. I was always found in the cold one's talking to everyone! lol I don't know how or why people would want to get in a hot jacuzzi when it was boiling already in the Caribbean. lol But, I loved how they gave you a choice. I loved the layout of the ship and I loved how there was so many places to go to sunbathe. There literally like two dozen different places to layout somewhere and there are SO many places to get away from the hustle and bustle. My particular favorite was the Lanai on Deck 5. Barely anyone ever went there and the whole deck was filled with empty lawn chairs. It was amazing. I loved talking to the regulars in the jacuzzi! lol Oddly, Carnival randomly hosted BBQ events on that deck as well and because no one knew about it, it was like free for us to get in it whenever we wanted! lol It was extremely clean throughout and I was very nervous about it, because I had read many reviews about cruise ships being smelly, but I experienced no such thing. The only complaint that we could have about it was that the pools were way too small. Like, literally the size of a pool you would have in your garden, and there were only two of them. But, that didn't bother me because I was in the jacuzzi's all the time.
-----------------------------------
Dining:
I LOVED the dining! I was actually surprised, because, again, I had read many reviews saying that the food was bland because it is mass produced. Whilst t is obviously mass produced. (They are feeding freaking 2000 people at the same time). It was not at all bland. It was actually some of the best food I have ever had, and there were so many options! I had had food before that I always wanted to try! They literally served all the food that you say "would you ever eat ____" For example, on the cruise, I ate Frogs Legs, Snails, Alligator meat, Escargo, and so much more of the sort. If this isn't your cup of tea, there are many more options. By the way, with no exaggeration, I ate the best Burger I have ever eaten before in my life in the dining room. lol I also Loved how there were so many food stations throughout the ship. If I wanted to eat from the aft pool, there was an Indian station right there, If I was on Deck 5, there was the BBQ or sushi place right there. If I was in the middle pool, there was a pizza and chips stand right there.
---------------------------------------------------------
Stateroom:
I loved my stateroom. We had and aft balcony on the vista deck right below the Lido deck. It was so convenient as all we had to do in the mornings was walk up the steps and we were at the breakfast buffet (which I forgot to mention, was lovely). The balcony was amazing. The flat screen TV was really good with lots of channels. Unfortunately, this was overshadowed by one thing. The beds were the hardest things I have ever slept on in my entire life. felt like I was sleeping on the floor. I woke up with my shoulder and side aching, but, after stretching it was fine. The only reason why I managed to fall asleep at night though was because I was exhausted from all of the activities during the day. lol It might have just been me though, because, to give you a gauge of how I am basing my view from, I'll give you what I sleep on at home. My bed is a Queen sized bed with a mattress. On top of that mattress is a soft 3 inch futon cover. On top of that is a semi deflated air bed. On top of that is 8/10 inflated air bed. On top of that is 4 inch sponge... So, to say the least, I like my bed where I literally sink into it. SO, it may just be me, but it was freaking hard. lol

Pros: Dining, Ports, Balcony, Service

Cons: Entertainment

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!

No... I could post a long novel of why the entertainment was really bad, so, I'll just keep it short and sour. For our first cruise, we were really looking forward to the shows, but, we were sadly disappointed. The only thing that we really enjoyed was the comedy acts in the act bar. The two people (can't remember their names were amazing). The Main theater shows were beyond tacky and most of the time just boring. We felt like there was no talent whatsoever. They did nothing special. I felt like they could have picked ten people at the beggining of the cruise, gave them a tacky and corny script to memorize, and then perform on the last night. I'm sorry, but, I wish I could say something nice, but.... no...
Pros: Stand up
Cons: Everything else, I mean even the daily activities were bad. I didn't like the entertainment direct whatsoever. He was just bad. Luckily, however, there was so much other stuff to do that this really didn't effect us, and we just didn't go to any of the events.
Pros: Jacuzzi's, clean, many areas to go, no smell, nice and big, good layout.

Cons: Two pools and their size.
Pros: Choice, Variety, Specialness, Convenience
Cons: None!
Pros: Balcony, Location, clean, good amount of space, good wardrobe space.
Cons: Beds were hard as frick.
Lol I ran out of space above, so I'll just continue down here.The staff were absolutely wonderful. I have never before received such good service. I don't know what they do, but they train them extremely well. Although, I heard that they are threatened with losing their job if they don't give good service. Which, in my opinion, is EXACTLY how it should be everywhere. Large companies like Applebees could learn a thing or two from the cruise lines. I particularity loved our dining room waiter and waitress. They were both from the Philippines and they were so friendly. It's funny because we found ourselves talking to them so much about their lives. In-between them serving their other tables, they would be with us, talking. lol
Pros: Everything
Cons: None