Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My first cruise.

Sail Date: March 03, 2012

This was my first cruise, and although I enjoyed myself, I was hoping to have a more fun than I did. All the staff, with the exception of one waiter, were wonderful. Our room steward was very pleasant, and he even made swan towels for us the last night (I had been hoping for them, but we hadn't gotten them yet. Weather was not the best. Water was extremely choppy and I was sick for the better part of the trip. 2 of our beach/water excursions were cancelled due to weather. I understand that is not the cruise's fault and that it is out of their hands, but it was just a let down. The comedians were very funny, and the dance show we went to was enjoyable. I didn't bring shampoo with me since my boyfriend said they had it on the shower, but the dispenser was extremely difficult to get shampoo out off. I would have been better off bringing my own. Overall I had a good time, and I'd like to give cruising another shot as I just think the weather happened to be a fluke.

Pros: The meal I had in Belize after our excursion, and the warm chocolate melting cake!

Cons: Water was very choppy. Boat was pretty much constantly moving very noticeably. Weather wasn't as great as I had hoped. Some sun but also cloudy and windy a good amount of the time. When it was sunny, chairs on the decks were extremely difficult to come by. Our waiter was somewhat rude.

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!

Chairs on the deck were extremely difficult to come by. I enjoyed the serenity adults only area.
Food was not as impressive as I had hoped. Breakfast buffets were good, and the pizza was great. I was most let down when it came to the dinner menu. I did have a couple great meals, but the majority of them left me wanting more (and not in a good way). I do have to say that the warm chocolate melting cake is to die for though!
I really don't have anything to compare with when it comes to size, but the room service was great. I wish the showers had a little more space. It's hard to shave your legs when you are in such close quarters and are constantly being hit by water. Shampoo and body wash dispensers are a pain to use as you have to pump then far too many times to even get an adequate amount. Balcony was great.