Carnival Dream : was just OK

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

invalid-33599
Sail Date: January 07, 2012
Ship: Carnival Dream
This is my 5th Carnival Cruise, So I have a few ships to compare this too. (My 8th Cruise all together) The biggest problem with the Dream is they pack the people into this ship. On our Jan. 7th departure there were 4,300 guests Plus Crew and Staff. Totaling over 6,000 people. And you could tell. My husband and I normally love seas days. It's a time to relax, read a book, lay out in the sun. But on this ship the lines for drinks, ice, food, Ice cream made everything difficult. We did love most of the ports. We booked our excursions through and had wonderful experiences on all of them. The comedy series they have on the ship is very good too. We tried to go to as many adult Comedy shows as we could. One of the shows stood out to us: "Dancing in the streets" is a MUST see while on this ship. I think I would have had a much better time if there were 1,000 less people on this ship. I understand Carnival wants to make money but what are they risking while doing that. There were so many times there was no ice available. I really felt badly for the crew working so hard to try and keep up with all the demands. Next cruise we will sail on a brand new ship like we normally do. It costs a little more so it not as packed.

We loved the food. The only issue we ran into was finding a table at breakfast and lunch on seas days.

Comedy show and dancing in the streets two must see shows on this ship

Our stateroom attendant was the friendliest person we came in contact with. She was always smiling and asking us about our day. The rest of the crew seemed over worked.

The ship was clean. The Decor was not as cool as some other ships.

We had a nice balcony, BUT made a huge mistake and booked on the Vista deck. (directly under the Lido deck) all we heard all morning and night was tables being moved back and fourth.

Pros: Waterslide, Adult Deck, Spa, Comedy shows

Cons: Over crowded, lines for everything

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.