Never go to Costa Maya Mexico

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: July 01, 2011
Ship was great, but the visit to Costa Maya was a nightmare. We rented a golf cart for trip to town. Got stopped by Police, said we made a "Circle" turn, which we didn't, they demanded us pay a hugh fine of $300, took my drivers liceanse, If it hadn't been for the guy that own the golf carts we would probably been shot. He came by and made the police give me back my liceanse and I did not have to pay any fines. The owner of the golf cart business said that they paid the Police X amount of $$$ not to bother the tourist. That is a joke. It is very dangerous there.

Pros: The Ship and Horseback Riding Excurision in Belize

Cons: Costa Maya Mexico

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!