Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not a Dream, but a Nightmare...

Sail Date: October 01, 2011

The ship was the rockiest ship I've ever been on. It felt as though a five year old were steering it, even in the nicest of weather.
The matire de and guest services messed up our dinner plan - though it was eventually fixed more than halfway through the cruise.
The ship was not as nice as the Princess cruise I was on. While both were about the same size, Carnival had more staterooms and fewer gathering and dining spots, so it was not relaxing.
Finally, the hallway our stateroom was on smelled like feces every day. It was severely gross.
The only redeeming quality was that there was always an event to attend. The cruise director did a great job planning a variety of activities for all ages and interests.

Pros: The waiters/waitresses we had were very nice, as was our housekeeper. The events were plentiful.

Cons: It was overcrowded, dinner reservations were frustrating, and smelly.

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.

No one went above and beyond. It took half the week for our dining issue to be settled appropriately.
They did a much better job diversifying the menu at the start of the week, but the food was good.
I'll never do "ocean view guarantee" again. We had a very nice stateroom, but it was at the bottom/back of the ship, and it was really noisy, I barely slept.
The hallway on deck 2 smelled like feces all week.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We booked ziplining and a beach break via cruises.com for this port, too, and it was fun. The only weird part was that, to get to our ride, we had to leave the port and walk up and down a hill because they weren't allowed in the port to pick you up. That was interesting.
Don't Miss: They had monkeys to pet everywhere you went! (I love monkeys.)
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We booked a bike and kayak adventure through Carnival for this port, and I was really looking forward to it, and I was let down by some weird experiences. I was attacked in the kayak by a swarm of really big ants, and I ended up having to trade kayaks with the instructor because there was a nest of them in my kayak. I love kayaking, but the ants were like the scene from The Mummy - where the bugs are swarming all over the person... Ugh! Not professional!
Don't Miss: The water was beautiful.
Belize City, Belize
We LOVED Belize! We went cave tubing, and the company, Eco Tours (booked through cruises.com) did an amazing job.
Don't Miss: You better Belize that it was the cave tubing! :-)
We walked around Cozumel because we went on an excursion here last year and didn't get to see Cozumel. It was fine. We discovered things that we would do next time we visit.
Don't Miss: The shopping here was really nice.