An OK Cruise

Contributor Level: Third Mate

invalid-33482
Sail Date: September 10, 2011
Ship: Carnival Dream
We took the new Carnival Dream cruise as it is newer and larger, hoping for better quality service than its older and smaller ships. We were dissapointed, as its service was same as any Carnival service. Food was bad in both the large restaurants and specially the buffet (really bad!). They also advertise that you can take "your time (freestyle)" dining, but this is very limited and very few people are able to get this option. At time of booking, I was told that if I pre-pay the $10 per person per day gratuities in advance, I would be guaranteed to get the "your time (freestyle)" dining option. I pre-paid and when on the ship, i was assigned the late dining (8:15pm) seating. Even when I showed the staff my original papers that indicate I am registered to the "your time" dining, they ignored it and refused my request. But, i am still not sure if this was teh ship's error or the Cruise agent's error (as I purchasedmy cruise tickets from ).

Other than my 'your time" dining mistake, the food was very-very bad at the buffets and bad with limited selection at the restaurants.

Did shopping
Did shopping
Took an excursion of both "countries (French and Dutch sides)" including spending some time at the beach and shopping in St Maarten. Great port!

Pros: Comedy club, water slide

Cons: food, crowd

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.