Not a dream, but not a nightmare.

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

invalid-33482
Sail Date: August 27, 2011
Ship: Carnival Dream
The Dream is a very nice ship, but in the opinion of many on our cruise it is too big and wait times are looooong. Also, there are only 2 pools for 3200 passengers which with the number of kids on board made for crowded conditions.

The watersides are nice and our kids enjoyed them, but it is better to go in the early morning or the hour before closing to avoid 15 minute waits. During those times you can get on with only 2-3 min. wait.

Lines were a problem. 28 minutes in the hot sun to get back on at Nassau. 15 minutes at st. Thomas and St. Maarten. They say that it is for security, but thhe only thing we saw them stop was people bringing alcohol back.

Drinks are on the high side even for a cruise with beers going for $5 plus tip. Mixed drinks are not as bad, with Dewers at $6 plus tip.

Food in main dining room was fair, but not up to what I expected based upon my previous 8 cruises. However service at 2nd sitting was so slow. The first and last nights we spent over 2 hours at dinner. Mainly waiting. Typically we did not get out of the restaurant until just before 10:00 for an 8:15 seating. The chocolate melting cake was best thing on the menu, except for the filet.. Prime rib was dry according to my 11 year old steak lover.

Parents, tell your teens and pre-teens that the hot tubs in the afternoon are not for feeling up the opposite sex. Everyone can tell what u are doing, and we don't want to see it.

The pasta bar was very good and quick. The deli was good, but lines were long. Indian,was okay, but not nearly spicy (not just hot but flavorful) as I get at home.

Mediocre to fair. Service slow. Pasta bar very good.

Comedy club was great. We did not make any shows in encore theater due to slow dinner service. Movies on deck were nice for kids.

Seemed okay but our kids did not care for it. I think this was due to them being older in their age division (9-11).

Service has been going down slightly over the years. I think crew is overworked on this ship due to size and number of passengers.

Too big for services on board.

We opted for inside this time and got 2 cabins. About what I expected.

Pros: Comedy Club, water slide

Cons: Too few pools

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!