Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Awesome Cruise

Sail Date: April 09, 2011

Overall great time. We traveled with family and friends, eight of us. Staff was terrific, food was awesome. The ship was beautiful. Bigger is not always better though because with it's larger size means more people...lots of people. When we went to get back on the ship in Nassau we stood in the hot sun for about 45 minutes trying to reboard the ship.

Pros: The food, the staff our room attendant Sushi and his partner are the best

Cons: Very crowded ship. Ran out of Coke.

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!

Very big ship which is wonderful but that means a lot more people which is not so good.
Awesome food! Servers in dining room are great. Buffet lines at times are longer than compared to other cruises I have been on. This was my first experience in having to hold up a buffet line while waiting about 15 mins for the scrambled eggs to be replenished. They ran out of regular Coke for the last day of our cruise. Pretty bummed especially since a soda card is almost 50 dollars that you pay for at the beginning of he cruise for unlimited soda. Room service was good but it did take about 45 mins each time we ordered it to actually receiving the meal. When we pre-ordered our early morning breakfast that was very prompt.
We had a aft balcony room. Beautiful! The view, the size of both the room and the balcony were plentiful. The bed, pillow and down comforter were very nice and comfy. The TV was a bit small but hey we didn't come on a cruise to watch TV!
Our room attendant, Sushi and his partner are the best I have ever had in my 7 cruises. I just wonder if they ever sleep? They both were always there, knew all our names (8 of us) and were absolutely worth the extra tip we gave them!
Shows including the comedy club were great. My favorite was was "Dancing in the Streets".
Went to the Hotel Atlantis. We only had a few hours to visit there so we just took a cab ride to the hotel. Beautiful place! Took lots of photos then back to Senor Frogs restaurant. We had a blast!! Very fun restaurant. Right next door is the straw market. Lots of junk but interesting to see.
Don't Miss: Atlantis is beautiful
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Beautiful. We went on the St. John Snorkel tour. So much fun!
Don't Miss: Getting to visit St John
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
This was the first time that I had seen the finished docking pier. It is clean and beautiful. The real shopping is in Philipsberg which you can take the scenic water taxi ride over.
Don't Miss: Shopping!