A 3 generation vacation

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

invalid-33482
Sail Date: November 20, 2010
This trip was taken with my mom, 79 my son 17 and me 52 so it had to cover a wide range of interest. I was pleasantly surprised with our cabin, although not on the higher end it was large enough for all 3, with privacy. The activities ranged from the very physical to non-physical which allowed all of us to fill the days as we pleased. My son fully enjoyed the teen club and met several other young adults he spent the time with and continues to text etc with. My mom and I relaxed, went to the shows, comedy club, a few bars and the casino. We did take on shore excursion to snorkel on St. Thomas and this was a disappointment, the area was bleached of most ocean life, and for the money not worth it. There were two area I found really lack, one the space on deck for days at sea. We were at sea for a total of 4 days and I had to hunt down chairs and help my mom to them as those level to elevators were in short supply and gone by 10:30am. The second and this is for those who enjoy a decent cup of coffee, I mean just plain nothing fancy morning coffee you had to pay to get one. The coffee served for free was watered down and nasty. Really for the money you'd think decent coffee should be included.

I chose the dine anytime plan, as we did not want to take part in the " formal" nights and this worked out great. We had the choice of eating in the dining room or buffet whichever suited that evenings plans. Overall the food was excellent but the lunch options were by far the best.

Unfortunately this area was lacking in quality. The hype of " Boardway" style performances did not hold true for this trip. We have all been on other cruises and this one really lack talented performers, and variety. However the comics were above exceptional and we totally enjoyed those shows.

Staff was very helpful, even in the casino. They responded promptly to any concerns, when lost on the ship any staff person could point you to your destination.

My mom has difficulty walking long distances, elevator were plentiful, stopping area i.e. were closely located and the ship was immaculate as far as we could see. As said they only concerns we had were the lack of deck chairs and space level to the pools.

I had a lower level stateroom, with porthole and it was fine for the 3 of us. There were two bathrooms in the room, 1 with a toilet, shower and sink, the other just shower and sink. My son had some privacy and we all had enough personal space.
Took a cab to the beach it was magnificent.
Took a snorkeling trip and it was disappointing, we had been several times before and saw amazing ocean life, this time a sunken ship barely visible, 90% of the area was covered in Fire Coral that if you rubbed up against you'd know it and very little ocean life. Rum punch was part of the ride back I guess to help get over the disappointment.

Pros: Staff was amazingly attentive, ship was clean, room spacious enough at lower level, most entertainment was enjoyable

Cons: For the money.. soda should be included and more importantly a decent cup of coffe

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!