Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: August 28, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We recently cruised on the Carnival Dream during hurricane Earl. I must say, Carnival does a great job getting customers and crew members as far away as possible. We were scheduled to go to Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maartin. But we ended up in Mexico, Belize, and Honduras. This was a blessing considering we were stressing over the motion that we may feel. However, I would like to see Carnival change iteneraries and notify clients sooner than 4 hours before departure. With that being said, the ship was absolutely beautiful. Although it took us until the 6th day to figure out how to get from one end of the ship to the other, we still had a good time. The dining rooms were gorgeous and staff was extremely friendly, but I would recommend healthier kid friendly choices instead of pizza, mac and cheese, and cheese burgers for dinner. The only bad thing I could really say about the ship was that there were only 2 pools and they did not accomodate even a 1/3 of the passengers on board. In addition, we believe that crew members should monitor the kiddie slide a little better. Our daugther wasn't able to use these slides because the bigger kids took over and their parents could have cared less. The other thing that we were dissatisfied with was the parents allowing there children (of all ages) run wild while they drank and had fun. While parents like myself could not allow their child to have fun in their presents because I was afraid of her getting hurt. Obviously, this is not Carnival's fault but the fault of irresponsible parents. We had children throwing things off the balcony a couple of cabins down. In addition, they were screaming and running down the halls at 11:30 pm while there parents just watched them do so. So after many nights of putting up with this, we ended up calling security to take care of the problem. And this they did! Besides the unruly kids and small pools, this was a great family vacation.

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!

Although my daughter was not old enough to attend camp carnival, the websites states that days at sea infants under 2 would have a designated time for parents to allow their children to attend. The only times available was the babysitting hours of 10pm to 3 am for a fee. This was not just on sea days but everyday. Therefore, Carnival should specify hours or take the statement off line.
Everything seemed extrememly clean on the ship.
The beds were a little firm for my liking
My 22 month old daughter enjoyed the shows and entertainment the most!