An excellent cruise

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

invalid-33599
Sail Date: September 04, 2010
Ship: Carnival Dream
This is a new ship, and it is being kept like new. The crew and waitstaff were the most friendly we've seen yet, and their efforts exceded my expectations. They have re-invented the pre-sail emergency information process, and have established the dis-embarking process that if followed as instructed is less stressful and actually very easy. When they say "Funship", it's true to point. We had FUN! I was impressed with the handling of a medical emergency.The Captain made the first port of call about 5 hours early. Everyone was advised and the situation was handled appropriately without interfering with the passengers / guest. I've considered other cruise lines, but for the level of service, the ports of call, the comfort of this ship, and the cost of this cruise, I couldn't imagine a better value.

Food Quality was Excellent, and the service was best I've had so far. The only con would be the 2 other couples we shared a table with were not as friendly or fun as others in the past. Also, we were seated with our backs to the entertainment. I would prefer a window table with only my party, but you sometimes get what you get. Our waiter / server made up for this as he was extremely professional, attentive, respectful, and happy to be of service. I would rate him as 6 "Smiley Faces"!

So much to do if you want to, or not. We had a ball, because we got involved in activities. The cruise director, Butch, was so energized it was amazing. The Shows were great!

This was the best, our staff exceded our expectations. They made our cruise so much more fun.

Carnivals largest ship at this time, and its newest. Comfortable, and a pleasure to be on.

Exactly what we expected, and all that we needed. The beds were comfortable and our time in the stateroom was perfect for getting rest from the excursions. Our location was starboard forward, and seemed convenient to the key areas of the ship.
This place was devestated by a hurricane several years ago. The re-build is still in-process. Our excursion was the Rhino Jeep tour, and the beach we drove on was similar to a landfill. Even though we were told the trash was deposited there by the currents from other countries, it should have been cleaned up by the local community. The beach at the small town seemed to be clean, so that would be the beach for swimming or water activities. However, the people of Costa Maya were extremely considerate to all the visitors. I would predict that in time with the rebuild, this will be a great place to visit.
We had a great time with our excursion. The only con was in advising patrons with limitations due to past surgeries. The other couple in our group had to skip our planned excursion just to be safe. It would have been helpful if we were questioned about restrictions prior to booking.
Don't Miss: Underwater Scooter. This was so much fun!
Beach break with snorkle. This was great and very relaxing. The only suggestion is to have some bug spray. My wife got stung 3X's, so if you have any problems with bee stings, have your treatment with you. The snorkeling was great! Plus it was calm, so everyone had a great time and there were plenty of fish to see around the coral reef. Be sure to try a "Monkey La La"!!!!
Don't Miss: Beach
Our excursion was the great barrier reef snorkle and beach break. This is not the fault of anyone but the weather. It was rough!!! So the majority of our party could not snorkle. However the Beach break and rum punch made up!
Don't Miss: I would still suggest a snorkle excursion. The coral reefs are beautiful.

Pros: Great Ship, Lots of activities, great Ports, excellent service, Carnivals Best

Cons: Too much rap type music on the large screen. I could care less about what these singers do or what they like. Provide entertainment, not a documenery.

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!