Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Big Ship-- Big Cruise!

Sail Date: September 04, 2010

I thought the service on the Carnival Dream was fantastic-- I didn't have one bad experience with any of the staff. I took one tour that didn't meet my expectations, then went my own way. I also enjoyed a massage in the spa. The meal service and the shows were excellent too. I wasn't prepared for the size of the ship and the amount of walking (on hard marble floors) I would do on it. The upside to all that walking was the fact that I didn't gain weight or experience high blood sugar (I'm diabetic). The downside? My knees hurt when I got home. I also enjoyed the people I met-- a very friendly ship! And I loved the adults-only Serenity Deck and the fact that there were hot tubs all over-- great! I also think Carnival did an excellent job of organization, in light of the number of passengers. Check in and check out were quick and efficient. The destinations did meet my expectations. All in all, I'm glad I took this cruise and will cruise again!

Pros: The service, my balcony cabin, the shows

Cons: The crowds, the showroom, the size of the ship

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!

Nice ship, but next time, I'd choose a smaller one.
I loved eating in the dining room. The service and menu choices truly made it a great experience!
We had a wonderful room steward who took excellent care of us.
With 2 exceptions-- the bar staff could be snooty when I asked for a glass of water and the spa staff was a little snooty too. I think there should be access to water for everyone, particularly in the areas where people are in the sun.
Lots of choices.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Shopping was overpriced. I would've liked to see more of the island but I was a little fearful about going out on my own. What I did see was beautiful, however.
Don't Miss: The harbor
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Aggressive shop owners tried to sell their stuff. Nice scenery. I would've liked to do the beach but I could see the water was rough.
Don't Miss: The scenery
Discover Mexico! was a total waste of time. I saw a much better Mexico exhibit at the Museum of Art in NYC. I didn't like the tour I took because they wasted too much time there.
Don't Miss: Shopping!
Belize City, Belize
We just did some shopping in Belize, had a snack, looked around the port area. I enjoyed it immensely and took lots of great pictures.
Don't Miss: Just being there.