Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

nice honeymoon cruise vacation

Sail Date: September 04, 2010

The carnival dream is a beautiful ship, however, with anything new, there are things that need to be addressed for me to want to return.1. The a/c in the room needs to be a consistant temp, should have a thermostat, so you can set your desired room temp. You are either warm or freezing. 2. There is no clock in the room, there needs to be a beside table clock, everything in the ship is timed, dinner, activities, etc and if you do not have a watch you have no idea what the correct time is, as all the ships clocks are different and need to be reset.3. Sound control, I stayed on the 9th floor, directly below the Lido deck, at night I heard the click.clacking of peoples footsteps, I could hear my neighbors TV through the wall, I could hear coughing through the door in the hallway. Sound barriers in the walls, floor and doors a poor quality.4. The ports of call stink on the Western Caribbean, there is nothing of interest to do in Roatan and Costa Maya. The port in Costa Maya is a tourist trap. Need to have a better route, I will never do a western Caribbean cruise with Carnival again.5. The activities on the boat at night are hit or miss.The opportunities for dancing begin too late. The Kareoke needs to be in a bigger room and the DJ needs to engage the crowd more to make it a more hip and fun experience. the last night of the cruise, there was absolutely nothing to do. The comics did the same shows from the night before, there was delays in time when one activity stopped before another activity started. Finally, please make the boat non smoking in any inside area and dedicated only certain outside areas for smoking.
As always, the service was great, the people who work on the ship are dedicated and very hard working, and friendly.

Pros: use of the boats spa facilities

Cons: western caribbean ports of call are not good or entertaining after belieze/cozumel.

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!

A/c not consistent, bed is hard and could actually feel that gap of pushing the two twins together, soundproofing poor, sour smell from carpet.
the entertainment has a lot to be desired. The shows in t he Encore lounge were poor, like bad Vegas shows. The female singer was loud and poor voice quality the male was quiet with marginal voice quality. The dancing was also marginal. The comics were okay, but should have different material for each night. Kareoke could have been better.
Next time I will choose the open eating time in the dining room.
They are always cleaning the ship.
Our room steward was disappointing, as in my 3 prior cruises with carnival, my steward, after the first day, anticipated my needs and provided for them, without asking and all three went about and beyond, they checked in with us during the day. This cruise my room steward was just average, had to ask him for things, he never checked with us during the day or evening to see if we needed anything.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Don't bother to get off the boat! It was too windy for us to dock at the normal area, next to a beach that you can actually walk to. Need to find a different port than this.
Don't Miss: nothing worth seeing.
isla passion, don't miss it. Have a strong stomach is you take the twister boat!
Belize City, Belize
I have done the snorkling and the cave tubing both are f un.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Cruise company made port, just to take your money, have a swim up bar, the water looked dirty, have the usual shops that all the ports have.
Don't Miss: nothing worth seeing, you can only snorkle so much!