Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Best Cruise to Date!

Sail Date: August 01, 2010

Our overall experience on the Dream was fantastic. There were activities for all age groups so much so that we were unable to all that we had planned in 7 days. This ship was a step above all others that we had enjoyed. Of the 7 days we had 3 sailing days. Our group took advantage of and totally enjoyed our days at sea. Usually at the 6 or 7 day most people are ready to debark but all of thought we could use another 3 or 4 days on board.

Pros: Entertainment

Cons: Lots of kids

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!

The staff were continiously cleaning this massive ship and it was spotless. The decor was tasteful and it was pretty easy to move around. The ship size although holding over 4,000 people accomidates all very well, whereby you didn't feel like you were overwhelmed by the masses of people. Carnival laid out this ship with the guest in mind and thefeeling of being overwhelmed by the masses is just not there. Agood example of Carnival's planning is debarkation. When you have more than 4,000 people trying to get off the ship and go through customs, it could be a nightmare. This was the easiest debarkation I have ever been through. It was actually a pleasure.
The food was excellent in the main dining area. Breakfast included all the normal options you would get in any restaurant and the food was good. Lunch in the main dining room had a limited selection but the food was good. The dinner menu took me back when on the day of arrival I checked my TV. I thought that the selections were limited. When I got to the dining room that evening I realized that the menu I read on my TV was just the daily specials. The food and the variety was excellent. The best food I ever had on a cruise.I wasn't very impressed with the steak house. I think that it is overrated and that you can get just as good if not better in the regular dining room. The Lidio deck food is a buffet and OK but no different from any other ship.
Our stateroom resembled all the others I have been on. It was spotless with very comfortable beds. It had enough room for 2 people to be comfortable.
I found all the staff to be curtious, professional and friendly. It was a pleasure to deal with all that I met.
What I found to be diffent about the entertainment was the amount of different shows. The singers and dancers put on 3 different shows that I saw and they were all good. The comedians put on at least 4 different shows. The activity director and staff ensure you are entertained with a variety of different options very day. I was impressed!