Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First and Last Cruise

Sail Date: May 08, 2010

Overall we were very disapointed with the cruise expereince. The staff was pretty good, but the food was not as nice I had hoped. We ALWAYS ate in the dining room for dinner. I was not impressed with the food in the "cafeteria". I personally do not like feeling like I'm back in high school lugging a tray around trying to find something to eat. Stick with the Burgers, Sandwiches, Wok Bar, Indian food and the Omelette Station or room service in the AM.

The pools are TINY!!! Never even set foot in them. Spent most of our time in the Serennity adults only area. I personally don't like baking in the sun all day and there are very few places for shadeseekers who still enjoy being out side and lounging. We had to get up incredibly early in order to find a place in the shade on the days we were out at Sea.

Pros: Getting off the ship in the Ports

Cons: The Ship smelt like sewer and the food was just okay

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.

Food was decent, but not great.
The Ship stunk. Several places within the ship stunk like sewer literally. On our last day our room reeked!!
Staff did a good job of keeping rooms fresh and clean.
Skip the shows!!! Talent was not that great. The only shows that we actually felt were good were the Comedians and then the Comedy/Magic show.
Did Aquadventure at Atlantis. Worth the $. Not alot of time in this port.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Orient Beach was nice. A bit crowded, but still a nice place to go. Again we went on our own and not thru the cruise ship. I would recommend that since you have plenty of time at this port and then you can move at your own pace. Easy transportation to and from. Afterwards we took the ferry over the the shopping on the Dutch side, St. Phillipsburg.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Beautiful. Went to Sapphire Beach on our own and snorkled. It was beautiful.