Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The Dream Disappoints

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

I've sailed on something like a dozen cruises, on many different cruise lines, and out of them all I love Carnival the best. Having said that, I would never recommend this ship to anyone. Carnival has created something like 50% more passenger capacity on this ship, but they did not create 50% more public space for the passengers. In other words, they've increased the number of cabins without sufficiently increasing where all those extra people can go and what they can do. There were large crowds everywhere. You had to arrive at the show lounges 30-45 minutes ahead of time just to get seats. Service staff were harried, and the service on this ship was the poorest of the three Carnival vessels I've been on. I even saw a fist fight break out as passengers competed for the very limited number of deck chairs on a Sea Day. I love Carnival, but this ship does not provide the overall high quality cruise experience I've come to expect from Carnival.

Pros: The usual Carnival mainstays, like excellent food and good entertainment

Cons: Over-crowding throughout the ship, sub-standard levels of service throughout the ship

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.