Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

Out of 30+ cruises, WORST CRUISE EVER!

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

I don't know if Carnival has changed their feelings/policies regarding good service and customer service. I've been on 30+ cruises on various cruise lines and many of them on Carnival ships. This felt like a no-frills cruise. As a past Carnival cruiser since 1988 I have come to expect cetain amenities. Not only were the amenties gone but I couldn't even get shampoo. This ship was a dissapointment in every way and I will hesitate to ever take another Carnival cruise. There are many cruises I can choose for the same money I paid. Do not take a Carnival cruise if you can help it.

Cons: Theervice was TERRIBLE. The crew and staff acted depressed\, lethargic & did not care about service.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

I know this ship is going to be refubushed but it was in such disrepair that I can't believe that even the simpliest maintenance was not done.
Food was ok. The dining room service was atrocious! Long waits. Couldn't even get a glass of water. By the time the bar waitresscame back with drinks dinner was over. Just the worst.
Complete unwillingness to do anything more than the absolute minimum.
Entertainment\, shows were the bright spot. Great cruise director. Staff however was badly informed and clearly did not communicate changes in itinerary to passengers.