Destiny - Carnival Cruise review to Jamaica and Grand Cayman
Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: December 29, 2012
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
Cabin Type: Balcony
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 5 years ago
Review SummaryOverall, I would rate this cruise as a 1/2 start out of 5. The customer service on the Carnival cruise was absolutely terrible. They were the most customer UNfriendly crew and ship I have ever experience. It got to be a joke on how bad everything was. The only good parts of the cruise was the cabin (a balcony, which is a must for a romantic cruise), our cabin steward, the food (when we finally got it, which took on average over an hour) and the shore excursions in Jamaica (Dunns Falls about the catamaran) and the Strign ray - reef outing in grand caymans.
The negatives were many. Here is a list of our major complaints:
- ran out of some food the first day of the cruise
- room service was terrible. In the four times we tried, three we could not even get through due to heavy usage, and the fourth time we finally got through, it never showed up.
- toilets didn't work periodically
- 99% of crew staff could not speak more than five words of English
- During the two ocean, non-excursion days, they did not come close to have enough lawnchairs for everyone to spend time on deck.
- the entertainment was awful
- they nickled and dimed you to death.
- Twice I was told to get out of my lawnchair (during sunset) because they had to stack them up, where they just sat stacked after that.
- Rather than being told that the jacuzzi was closing and I would need to leave eventually, was just kicked out.
- On the specialty restaurants, they were understaffed with one person working, where the wait in line would take over an hour.
- They would close the buffets while people were still in line.
Overall, terrible service and management.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Don't sail carnival or this ship. It was terrible!