This was my second cruise....

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: March 09, 2009
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
This was my second cruise; and my second time on the Destiny! So it was nice to feel very familiar with the ship. But the Destiny was really showing its age and they had supposedly just finished rehabing it but it was not in great condition! The stabilizers went out on it and so we had a very bumpy ride a lot of the time....but we still had fun and I never got seasick. I was just a little disappointed that there were these lack of smoothness problems as I coordinated the trip for our group. We all did really well. However, several months later my girlfriend took the same cruise with her husband and they had it worse. The destiny engines blew and they were stuck an extra day in Nassau and they got back and were told the next trip was going to have so sped at least 2 days in Nassau to get the engine replaced, etc. So far, in 4 completed cruises, we haven't had that sort of a change in our trip.

I do enjoy traveling on Carnival. I know it's not as nice as some others. But the price savings has made it the beneficial choice for me.

I really enjoyed the food

we had a weird room and so the TV was at the foot of the bed at bed level

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!