SPECTACULAR EXPERIENCE

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 15, 2012
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
I loved the organization from beginning to end. I did not have to do much except read the paperwork. I was met at the airport and did express check-in. At the dock, I waited a few minutes and then boarded. There were not any long lines to go through. The staff at the dining room and my steward called me by name every day. Everyone was very friendly. The food was delicious. I got to try some new foods along with steak and lobster. The rooms were larger than I expected and clean. There were many fun activities to get involved in on the ship. We learned how to line dance. We played trivia games. We had two fabulous shows. The gym was free. It was beautiful, huge and right on the front of the ship with window views on the 10th floor. It was stunning. The spa was extra but having a free gym and sauna was a big plus for us. The Cayman Islands was very beautiful and I loved the excursion with the stingrays. It was expensive on Grand Cayman so be prepared to pay a lot for lunch. I did not like the excursion in Jamaica. I climbed the falls. I paid $8.00 to rent some shoes with grip (needed) and they told me I would get $3.00 back. When I returned the shoes, they told me there was no deposit. I could have bought them for $10.00. The people who sell items to tourists are very pushy. It is difficult to get away from them.

Everything was delicious.

We had two fabulous high quality shows. We had many activities to choose from. Many times there were several things to choose from.

Very friendly and helpful.

Bigger than I expected. The bathroom and shower were spacious.

Pros: FOOD\, FRIENDLY STAFF\, ORGANIZATION OF BOARDING & EXCURSIONS

Cons: JAMAICA EXCURSION

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!