Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Was Disappointed

Sail Date: October 01, 2012

I have cruised two other times and was very disappointed in Carnival Destiny. The ship looked old and not well maintained. It was either too hot or too cold in the indoor areas. The rooms were well stocked and beds turned down nightly. The food in the dining room arrived lukewarm and the food on the Lido deck was discount buffet quality. I was looking forward to the elegance and fantastic food that I thought was standard on cruises and felt let down. Also the dining room did not enforce the dress code and many diners were super casual in shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops.

Pros: The room steward and the waiters were very attentive and accomodating

Cons: The food quality was comparable to cafeteria food.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Decor was dated and not very clean.
Most of the staff was very friendly\, with the room steward and waiters being exceptional.
I was expecting theatre quality shows and the performers were cheap imitations.