party on the sea

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 08, 2012
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
We were looking for a more mature cruise, if your a party animal that likes to stay drunk then this is the cruise for you. Too many juvenile games provided as entertainment. I paid to be entertained not BE the entertainment. Also the drinks are outrageous!! $8.00 for a beer! And thier idea of drink specials is $1.00 off... Insane! And all the pictures they pressure you to take are $22.00 each... And last but not least, the food was repetitive and not so great.. our steward was wonderful. He was the only person I tipped. I had the gratuities removed that they \"conveniently\" charged me and did my own tipping! There was no passenger appreciation night with cheap drinks or discounts on pictures... The entire cruise felt like a big advertisement as the agenda they give you is full of \"who is selling what\" rather than what we are doing for you.... If youre 20 something and have allot of money to spend..... Go for it more mature crowds.... I would say pass on it!

Pros: comedians/ dining

Cons: not enough adult entertainment provided by carnival\, too many vendors

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!