Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very Disappoining for Carnival

Sail Date: August 30, 2012

This was my 7th Carnival Cruise and my least favorite. Compared to the other ships I have been on, I found the overall layout outdated and disorganized and food was average. There seems to be rules but they are not enforced. I would not recommend this ship!

Pros: Comedians

Cons: Singers

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Ship was clean\, decor was ok\, layout was terrible. Pool was way to small for all the people on board. Not enough chairs on deck for a day at sea.
Food was average compared to my past Carnival cruises. The best night of food was formal night. Breakfast in the dining room was good but portions were much too small.
Lunch buffet was so disorganized. We waited on line at least a half hour every time to get average food. Lines were way too long.
Room was very clean and comfortable. Hair dryer did not work well\, and we never got soap in our bathroom.
Compared to past cruises with Carnival\, the staff was not very friendly or helpful. When we got to our room we did not have a remote control for the TV. When I called to ask for one\, the phone rang at least 20 times before it was answered. I was told they would send someone over with a new remote but after waiting 2 1/2 hours I had to call again and again it rang and rang.
We went to the bar in the main lobby area to have a drink while waiting to disembark for Cozumel but there were three kids sitting at the bar which left no seats available for me & my husband (Paying customers)! When we asked the bartender to say something she said she couldn't because the father was sitting at the bar. That is ridiculous...there should NEVER be children sitting an a bar.
Comedians were excellent. We saw 5 shows and they were never the same.
Singers on the ship were horrible. The piano bar singer was so bad that I couldn't even stay in the bar. The other singers (Casino bar and Lobby singer) were horrible too. I enjoyed listening to karaoke more!