Great cruise, but ship needs repairs

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 11, 2012
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
The food was excellent, lots to choose from to control your weight, as well as to gain for those who love to indulge. There was delicious low calories food. The service was superb; the crew was very professional, respectful and friendly. EXCELLENT! The beds and pillows were first class. Did not miss our wonderful ComfortPedic adjustable beds. We also loved our balcony as we were able to enjoy the sounds of the waves without all the fuss and noise on the veranda. I particularly loved the gym. It was empowering to exercise overlooking the ocean. The equipment is first class, clean and in top condition. My husband enjoyed the massages in the spa. The children activities were also excellent.
Having said all that, the ship was pretty smelly to the point that during the safety exercise everyone had to cover their faces. I had to put perfume on my hands and still smelled the odor. It seems that there is a problem with the sewage. I sometimes felt the smell in our bathroom. The ship was also somewhat dirty. The balcony glass needs to be cleaned.

I would say excellent if it were not because of the bad odors (like sewage) and the dirty glass in our stateroom's balcony.

Pros: The spa\, the gym\, our balcony\, the food\, the bedding\, and the very professional and friendly crew.

Cons: The ship was somewhat dirty and very smelly. Needs cleaning and repairs to the source of the AUFULL smell.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.