Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wonderful 1st cruise on Carnival Destiny

Sail Date: July 14, 2012

My wife and I took our 1st cruise. The overall experiecne was wonderful, with the following qualifications. The staff and service were excellent. Food quality good in the dining room, but mediocre on the Lido deck. Was unhappy with the extra charges for beverages and limited availablility of free water, lemonade, coffee, tea stations (two for the entire ship of 3,000 people). Bottom line is extra charges on disembarkation that I did not expect. People complainig all through the cruise (other passangers) about the rules.

Pros: Cruise and ship were very well run

Cons: Travel booking by Carnival for our plane trip was horrible

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

Ship is huge and lots of things to do. Older 1970's decor did not bother me in the least\, atlhough finishes are dated.
It took me three days to figure out that I could order more than one appetizer or entre in the main dining room. Before that I was leaving a bit hungry each night. Overall food in the dining room is excellent\, although some dishes are better than others. Extra charges for drinks were a problem and turned out to be very expensive.
We had a double balcony on the back and our room was wonderful. Was not much extra and highly recommend\, if nothing else because of the view.
Everyone was great.
Enjoyed two Las Vegas style shows and three comedy shows. My wife thought the adult comedy was a bit crude and I have to agree\, so if your taste does not allow\, I'd skip. There was not as much live music and one lounge seemed to be completely empty of musicians. Latin music could have been much better.