Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awesome time for a family of 6

Sail Date: July 05, 2012

We recently sailed on the Carnival Destiny for the first time. I am very frugal, and was told to avoid staying on the first level since I would have to contend with engine noise as well as the level right below us for the staff. I don't know what they were talking about since I didn't hear any of that, and the price point for staying on the first level was all I was willing to pay. Our entire trip was excellent, and our family of 6 loved it. The room had more storage than I was expecting, and I would stay on that level again in a heartbeat. The activities and shows were great, I just found that our 14 year old daughters were kind of looking for activities since they were too old to really enjoy the waterslide and too young for the adult activities. I would like to see more activities where they could have a good time and not feel they need to 'meet' teenage boys. I would take this trip again, just book an additional excursion. Overall, very satisfied.

Pros: Excursion in Cozumel and no decisions to be made as to 'where we gonna eat'

Cons: Lack of activities for early teens

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

Would like more age-appropriate activities for early teen girls.