Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Not the best, but not the worst

Sail Date: June 16, 2012

I really enjoyed the cruise and I really enjoy cruising. Only a few people that I came across when a question was asked they were really short, rude or ignored us. No one seemed to say anything to the kids or there parents when the kids were in the hot tub and it was suppose to be 18 and over. The kids had pretty much taken over the hot tubs and nothing was said. All in all not a bad cruise. I make the best out of anything especially on vacation. Knowing what I know, I would do this ship again

Pros: Had some really great people working on the boat

Cons: Had some staff that wasn't so pleasant and luke warm cabin.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Room didn't include a chair which I am sure my other rooms have had and I had to ask for an ice bucket. They brought me the ice bucket with ice one night and had to request for them to fill it up with ice on the other nights. All the cruises I have been on they do this automatically (maybe something has changed). Room was extremely warm to me. Had them check it out and it registred at 71 degrees with the vent fully opened which she stated was normal and there was nothing that she could do about that. Previous cruises I have had to shut the vent down in order to warm the room up. In this cabin if I took a hot shower, I would keep the door to the bathroom closed before and after so that the hot air from the shower wouldn't add heat to the rest of the cabin.
Most of the staff was excellant. But I did run into some that were pretty rude.