Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Nice Time!

Sail Date: May 01, 2012

The ship was nice, large with a nice layout. The pools need to be larger, they were both a bit too small. Casino is nice but don't play the slots as they don't pay out. Entertainment is good, some of the shows are a little hokey but you have to remember this is a family ship with a wide range of ages. The SPA was horrible!! Don't waste your money! My massage was not worth the $150 I paid. The Spa is located under the teen zone so you feel like there is a heard of buffalo above your head. Not very relaxing! Glad I got the special they offered or I would of paid $270 for a lot of noise. I told the spa manager of my frustrations and she said to make mention of that in my reviews.

Pros: Crowd interaction with the cruise director "Noonan"

Cons: Assigned dinner seating

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

The food needs to go a major overhall! My husband and I did not enjoy the company we were assigned to be with. Would be nice if the ship would rotate tables so you get to meet more people. Out of the 5 nights, my husband and I dined 2 times. The food needs improvement. The Navy Bean soup tasted like it was poured from a can and heated up. They need to mix things up. If you don't like what's on the dinner menu, most of the options are also at the buffet so you can try them. We ate at the buffet most nights.
Nice ship, one of the larger ships in the Carnival line. It is a little outdated but they are going to renovate the ship soon and will be under the new name Carnival Sunshine.
A little outdated but other than that, great!
Excellent Staff!!
Always something to do. You can not be bored on a cruise!