Bad Weather but still a good time

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: May 01, 2012
The ship was well maintained, and most of the staff we encountered were AMAZING! Our dinner server, MICHAEL was outstanding. It was a joy to sit at his table every night. We looked forward to speaking with him and joking around with him. Our fellow table guests were also amazing people! I LOVED how friendly our housekeeper was. He new my name and every morning I'd come back from my run, he would greet me with , "Good morning Krystinah, how was your run this morning." HE was always so friend as well as all the others. It rained or was overcast pretty much everyday of our 5 night cruise and we didn't get to go to our second port because of the weather but the CREW quickly made the "FUN SHIP" fun again! This was by far one of the best experiences I've had and I've been on 11 cruises. I have only one complaint, the "Martini Sampler" lady was extremely rude when I asked her how many samples were included in the price and what flavors. She was snappy and dismissive so we were quickly thrown aback.
Great time and Great events, theater shows before dinner, HUGE winning BINGO and on deck activities kept us busy and made us forget about the weather!

Dinners were OUTSTANDING! some of the buffett food was bland.

THOROUGHLY impressed! MICHAEL - dinner service- went ABOVE and BEYOND and our housekeeper was just AMAZING!

Very clean, well kept, crew was constantly on their toes

Beds were comfy, TV channels were repatative but I guess your not on a CRUISE for tv. Decor was minimal and our location was deck 8.... GREAT location!

Pros: LOVED our dinner server MICHAEL! he was such a pleasure and the events on the ship were a good time! Especially BINGO

Cons: We didn't get to go to our second port Grand Cayman due to weather so that was a huge BUMMER! but the crew QUICKLY mustered up some fun activities to keep us entertained throughout the day.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!