Cruising - worth every penny!

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 07, 2012
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
Went cruising after 18 yrs. Last one was on the Carnival Fantasy. Cannot believe I forgot how much fun cruising can be. There is only good and positive things I can say about this trip. It was one of the best and cheapest vacations I have had. Food was non stop, entertainment was ongoing and even if you did not participate in a thing, it was fun just to watch other having fun.

Very good choices. Even sampled the Indian Food which was good (coming from an Indian). There was something for everyone to eat. I did miss the grand buffet that we had on Fantasy so many years ago. But they had a mini version where desserts were laid out at lunch with chocolate fountain.

Las Vegas style entertainment on 2 nights was good. What wonderful sets and costumes. I think they did a real good job. Many chances to win prizes by playing Bingo or other games.

Wonderful and pleasant staff. I like that they listed the country the staff came from on their badges. Got to learn a lot about different countries after speaking to several staff members.

I thought this was an old ship but nothing on it said 'old' to me. They are going to renovate the ship this year and name it 'Sunshine'. I found the ship quite big with 10 levels. It is very clean and well maintained. Only issue was trying to understand how to get to the Universe Dining Hall. There did not seem a straight forward way so we kept getting lost.

Frankly I thought the rooms would be small and claustrophobic, but I was wrong. Plenty of walking space and enough closets for our stuff.

Pros: the food, very courteous staff, never a minute of boredom, wonderful shore excursions

Cons: the rain we encountered

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!