A bad trip

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: March 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
I GOT FOOD POISONING FROM THE TERRIBLE FOOD ON THIS TRIP.
Everything about this cruise was bad except when we got to leave the boat.
The staff seemed overworked, absolutely miserable, and were often extremely cranky.
The boat its self smelled DISGUSTING in certain areas, like sewage.

I know that you get what you pay for and this was slightly cheaper than the other cruises we looked at but UNSAFE FOOD IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ANY PRICE.

Next time I'm spending the extra $20 for Celebrity

I GOT FOOD POISONING.
The food it's self was simply not good. And the "fancy" dining room was often the same thing as the buffet except it took even longer to get it.
The buffet was overcrowded and poorly tended to (hence my illness).
The lines were so long, to get food from the buffet you were in for at least a 10-15 minute wait for any item.
The "free juice" is only offered at breakfast and for room service. At other meals only Lemonade and iced tea. Soda is also not included like on other cruises.

They also claimed to have Gluten free dining options, which was not the case because the options they supposedly had were never actually available. IE gluten free pizza was listed but they didn't actually have it to serve. My friend with the gluten allergy ended up eating bunless hot dogs for most meals.

There were not enough people working on this ship. The staff were unable to give good service even if they wanted to. The staff that I spoke to were obviously beyond overworked.

This ship was outdated and IT SMELLED LIKE SEWAGE especially on the lower levels where the cabins are. It was just a little dirtier than you would have hoped all around.

These rooms were pretty standard.

Pros: the age of the passengers made it a fun crowd. A lot of 20-40 year olds

Cons: I GOT FOOD POISONING. Terrible food, terrible service. Overcrowded.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.