Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Very Disappointing First Cruise

Sail Date: March 05, 2012

The shipped was delayed for about 2 hours. We were told the genorators were failing. Understandable to unpredictable machinery failing. We then proceeded to Grand Turk, pulled up about 5 mins to dock then the captain declared it unsafe to dock. He then told us we'll head to Half Moon Cay. However, we didnt even go there either. As we did another approach he told us it was unsafe. It was very disappointing because unsafe wave and wind conditions can be predicted days out. With todays technology, there is no excuse to why we were not told of this prior to spending three days and a half days on a ship. We only docked at the Bahamas in which a trip to the Bahamas would of been a lot cheaper. I chose this cruise mainly for Grand Turk. And I feel my money was taken from me by Carnival. I gave Carnival a chance even after reading several bad reviews. And now here i am writing one too. I will be writing a letter to the President of Carnival.

Pros: Service was Excellent

Cons: Boat did not dock for 3 days

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Cleanliness of room was great. Had a constarnt urine smell in restroom. very very unpleasant urine stinge.
smaller ship compared to others I have seen and appearance was just ok.
Service and food was exceptionally good and delicious.
Entertaining and funny and exciting so it helped a little with the displeasure
Service was great