My First Cruise

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 02, 2012
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
Since this was my first cruise, I went in without many expectations. I really enjoyed the cruise. The staff was exceptional. Couldn't be more pleased.

We had an "early dining" dinner and it was outstanding. I would have rated the dining/food a 5 if the "buffet style food" was kept hotter. It was kept under heat lamps but was more often cold than not. On the second night, the ship docked late which put all activities at Cozumel late, hence my date and I arriving back to the ship (later than our dinner time). We therefore went to "anytime dining" and the hostess was going to turn us away because we didn't select that prior to our travels. Thankfully, the maitre'd came and seated us.

Still would have been nice to have some other (non-cash required) tournaments going on. Maybe have Spades, Bid-Wiz, Pinochle, Chess, Checkers, Back-gammon, etc... tournaments that didn't necessarily have to be played in the casino. Most tournaments geared to people who gambled.

Not a 5 only because the wait staff harassed me to buy a drink many times when I didn't feel like being bothered. I would barely have been seated either for dinner, at an entertainment event or in the casino when someone from the wait staff was immediately AND often over trying to sell me a drink. Other than that, the staff was exceptional.

simply put....if you cruise YOU MUST get a room with a balcony. It came quite in handy those times when I didn't want to sit out on the deck.

Pros: The Staff was always very pleasant. Our room attendant (Yasir) was exceptional as his services to us made it seem as though we were the only guests he was attending.

Cons: Too much harassment from

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!