Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Relaxing Break

Sail Date: February 02, 2012

Carnival Destiny was the perfect cruise for my husband and me. It was only 4 days and it offered great shore excursions. The ship had very comfortable cabins and surprisingly comfortable beds too! We had a cabin with a balcony, and we enjoyed the view of the sea as we sailed. We stayed in cabin 8111, the housekeeping staff Erfan - is so attentive and efficient that he had the cabin cleaned daily by the time we returned from breakfast! And we so appreciate his friendliness and attention to details. The other staff on the ship were also very courteous and attentive. The spread of different foods they put out everyday at the Sun & Sea Restaurant is incredible! However, I am not sure how the ship would accommodate people with special dietary needs I dont think the menu accommodates vegetarians or vegans. They did have desserts that would be ok for people with diabetic needs. The ship is comfortable, clean and for those looking for relaxation or entertainment, they had something for all ages and interests. For the shore excursion, we chose the Mayan Ruins in Cozumel. (Our first choice Mayan Ruins in Tulum was cancelled due to delay caused by an injured passenger who needed to be flown out of the ship in an emergency helicopter) The excursion was great, the tour guide Michael made the excursion very interesting, informative and fun. We enjoyed visiting the site very much. And he was so conscious about not making the tour into a tourist trap that was very much appreciated.
The only negative comment I have is the smoking. Perhaps they need to separate the smokers from the non-smokers - our cabin had a balcony, but our neighbors were smokers, so our balcony and the hallway would smell like cigarette smoke most of the time. I was not able to enjoy the balcony more because of that. I would highly suggest for Carnival to separate the decks or cabins for smoker and non-smokers.

Pros: Almost Everything!

Cons: Smoking by our neighbors in their cabin balcony

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!