Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Ruined Honeymoon!!!

Sail Date: January 09, 2012

I was very very disapointed I had saved and planned this honeymoon for almost a year. Saving up extra money and working overtime to make sure my wife and i had the best and the most romantic honeymoon that she would remember and could brag to her family, friends and co workers. Seemed like my wife and I from the start was not going to have that dream honeymoon we wished for. The first day when we went to meet my aunt and uncle for supper we saw robes and beach towels in their room we asked how they got them. They said they were there but we didnt have either so we had to ask for them and got them a day later. That same day is when we got showers and came back to our room for a romantic evening to our selves. We found the blower and people in and out of our room and all we got was our carpets were wet. My wife was upset and I told her i would find out how long they would be. I talked to the one steward he told me he could not tell me how long cause it was coming from the other room beside us. The next 3 days it continued with them in and out checking and moving our furniture so they could dry the carpets. Four out of the five days we spent having strangers in and out of our room and NO PRIVACY I would call that "A HONEYMOON DIASTER". This is not a every day vacation that you can just say oh well we have next year. This was our HONEYMOON. We couldnt spend time in our room so we decided to go to the comedy shows and first night we couldnt get in it was to full. The next time they had the comey shows we went there 2 hours early to make sure we saw both comedians. After seening the first show them made us leave and get in a line that went whole way back to casino. Needless to say we didnt get in for the second show. Not sure why they didnt make the people leave the first night so we had a chance to see at least one show that night or move it to the theatre or another room that was bigger. The waiters for supper were great and very friendly. My wife dont like buffet so we decided to go to the dining room for breakfast. The waiters made us feel like we were bothering them when we would ask for something. When we did recieve our food it was cold. We tried again the next morning but got the same result. We had no choice but to eat at the buffet at least we didnt feel like we were bothering anyone. We tried to still make the best of it since we couldnt leave and it was our Honeymoon. But it got so depressing with everything going wrong we couldnt enjoy oursleves. My wife wanted to purchase me a gold chain for a wedding gift so we went to jewelry store on the ship. We stood there for a half hour for someone to help us. They took one person that came after us but we didnt say anything. After she left a guy had walked up right as she was leaving and they asked him if he needed help. We are still standing right beside him waiting for someone to help us. Finally my wife said " What the H--- " and the lady said what you need help. The way she said it was rude and loud so we said no just keep your jewelry and we walked away. After this experience on Carnival I think we will try a new cruise line for our anniversary since our Honeymoon was runined.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

wet floors
need to move the bigger shows to a bigger theatre so everyonee can see them