Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

Awesome Destiny!

Sail Date: August 01, 2011

When I boarded the "Destiny" I just came off a dissapointing cruise from the NCL "Sky" a few months prior so I was a little scared, since I heard the carnival cruise lines were like a budget motel. THIS COULD NOT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH! The room was quite large and CLEAN! The staff was incredibly friendly unlike NCL, they actually blew their horn when leaving ports and engaged in battles with other boats, it was awesome! The food was out of this world! No annoying photographers following you arpund constantly like Royal Carribean, although they are present.

Pros: The food, the balcony stateroom

Cons: The buffet lines, children hogging the pool

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

I am rating this a good because I know there are much larger ships out there, but it is hard to imagine when on this huge boat. It was very clean, and you can even do laundry here, they have machienes on every other floor. Bring quarters! It is hard to navigate this boat because it is very large, I often got lost. The decor is very nice, the public areas are big, but with all the passengers, it never feels big enough. Go early to get a seat by the pool. Stay away from the buffet, you will literally be in line for over an hour. I stood in line for an hour, got frustrated and left. They have sit down lunches in the resturaunt, I would reccomend that. The gym was HUGE!
The food was excellent!! Don't believe the rumors. The freestyle dinner option is the best to choose.
Very friendly!
Large and comfy! And clean!! Biggest bathroom I ever seen on a cruiseship. Nice size shower. Try to get a balcony stateroom, I couldn't imagine having an inside one.
Your typical cruise entertainment and activities