Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An okay cruise

Sail Date: December 26, 2011

The rooms for 4 were larger than other cruises. The staff was not anything great. The food was just average. I've been on 6 cruises and the entertainment on this ship was below average. There were only 2 shows, both of which cautioned against young children attending b/c of costumes. Do the ladies really need to wear thongs, or could they just wear something that covers them more to young boys and girls can enjoy the show. 5 nights, but only 2 shows???

Pros: the rooms were larger than others

Cons: the food was average at best, the dining room service was just okay, there was no live music during the day on the deck

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

I ordered tomatoes and mozzarella one night and all 5 tomatoes were yellow/green. No red in sight! The steaks and burgers ordered by the family was never prepared how asked....medium rare would be well, well would be medium, etc.
Noonan the cruise director was great, but the evening shows were horrible. And there were only 2 out of 5 nights.
the ship was choppy and not easy to get from front to back. There were times we had to go down 3 floors just to get all the way to the other side of ship.
No one went above and beyond, although we really didn't ask. Our dining staff was average, although we loved Demitri the assistant.
My kids (15 and 12) had no interest in the kids activities, and thought they would enjoy the shows (although they were adivised that it may not be appropriate for them--I let them go b/c they are girls but my nephews had to miss it b/c of the almost naked ladies). Also had a couples/newlywed game and I didnt' let them stay for that either. They felt they missed some family time b/c I sent them roaming around during many events.
The rooms had much more space than other cruises we've been on, so that was enjoyable since there were 4 of us. Beds were comfortable.