Sad Christmas

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 22, 2011
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
The ship was smaller and not as clean as I remembered in the past. I was so excited to go on a cruise for Christmas with my husband and 4 girls yet so disappointed when I saw decorations were few and far between. They had never been on a cruise before and I feel this was a big let down for them. "This was their Christmas Gift from us". I really expected Carnival to live it up good for Christmas. After all, the last one I was on in January 2011 was fantastic!

We chose to have dinner at "our time" in the Galaxy Dinning Room. The food was not of the best quality. Most of the time I felt I could have received the same food at the buffet. We never had to wait for our table. That was good because there were 6 of us. Again the ambiance was not there.

Being a holiday I felt there should have been more and it could have been geared more toward this celebration.

Most all were friendly when you seen them. I called once for the room steward and I received no answer. They politely as us to leave one day so they could get the room cleaned by 1pm. That was a little annoying because we were out of the room all morning and returned to get ready for our off the ship adventure around 12 noon. There was also the employee at the Coffee Shop who at 11:30 was rude when we wanted to order. She politely told us we needed to give her our order because she was going to close. I thought the closing time was midnight.

I wasn't expecting to have a bed on the floor for our third bed. The bed mattress was worn. Almost like sleeping on a feather mattress with springs underneath it. Although the state was was fairly clean the shower needed some tile work. At one point we had a back up from the floor drain. Our room was 1 floor down from the Casino and the music was very loud. Hear all in the room.

Pros: Being out of Ohio.

Cons: The ship not really living it up for Christmas week.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.