Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great cruise for the money!

Sail Date: November 19, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall, the cruise was good. I didn't think the staff (all staff) was that friendly. The last cruise I took, the staff really went out of their way to make you feel welcome and they cared if you enjoyed your cruise. I never got that impression this time. Also, while most of the main dining meals were great, the steaks we ordered were always overcooked (med. steak was completely cooked through). This was the first cruise for my children and they enjoyed themselves.

Pros: The beautiful decor

Cons: The staff wasn't as friendly as the last cruise I took.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

I was not impressed with the staff at all.
I enjoyed the convenience of being able to dine when I chose to do so. The food was pretty good.
The stateroom had some wear, but it was a great size for our family.
It seemed like the nightly shows were the same. Not much variety.
Very nice ship! Great decor!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman was beautiful. Stingray City sandbar is a must see! The stingrays swam right up to you and all around. It was awesome.
Don't Miss: Stingray City sandbar
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunns River Falls is a must. It is beautiful and by far the best thing to do in Jamaica. Be aware of the locals that try to "give" you and your children things that they want a "donation" for. It is very annoying.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls