Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good cruise, but not great

Sail Date: October 22, 2011

Ship was reasonably clean and had good service aboard.

Pros: Fun and friendly service

Cons: Nickel and diming for every single thing got tedious

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

I thought the food was decent. I was disappointed with the dining room times. Often I found the only food available was pizza and the lines for it were insane.
Reasonably happy with room. We had a stateroom which had a corner balcony. The balcony was awesome except that sometimes garbage and cigarette butts from levels above us would end up in our space.
Most staff were very friendly. The wait staff at dinner and our stewards were especially good. Some bartenders were a little stand-offish and the casino had some less than friendly dealers, but otherwise good.
Very few of the activities were interesting to me. The main showroom presentations were terrible. There were always enough things going on to keep me occupied though.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Good time. The zip excursion was a little too far away from the pier and left little time to explore the port, but I saw enough of Jamaica to know I want to go back.